Tuesday, June 07, 2005

bio

I've played the jazz tenor saxophone since I was 9 years old and I've always loved to read good books and to write. I have a music degree and I play as often as I can with my band, but I've also worked in the marketing research and software industries throughout the past 8 years.

Currently I'm practicing to become a professional fiction writer. I only started to consider this seriously in the fall of 2004, after I was diagnosed with a deadly form of lymphoma that was expected to kill me within 2 years. But rumours of my impending death were indeed greatly exaggerated, because that diagnosis was ultimately found to be untrue and I was given a clean bill of health.

When faced with various career options after that experience, I decided to pursue my dream to become a writer anyway. Even without the prospect of my certain near death looming over me, writing is something that I've always wanted to do as a profession.

Huge props are also due to my beautiful wife Jorin and our daughter Zoƫ. Without their love and support, I probably couldn't engage in this, the world's most self-indulgent vocation. I hope to make them proud of my efforts as well as rich beyond their wildest dreams with my first Oscar-winning screenplay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home